Monday 13 July 2009

Jacob Gibbins - Photography

Jacob Gibbins is arguably one of the South Wests most up and coming cycling photograher (his style's not just restricted to cycling but it is the main field he excels in). However what Jacob makes up in photography skills he slightly lacked in website design. So I decided to put my skills to use in helping a fellow Photographer/Cyclist out.

Now I'm not saying at all that I have good web design skills or coding skills but I do like to think I'm not terrible at either so here's what I made for Jacob:

His full site can be viewed: http://www.jacobgibbins.co.uk/

As always wherever I've tried where I can to make my work under creative commons act so feel free to nab the HTML and CSS (obviously all images are copyright to Jacob Gibbins so don't nab them!)

I've also uploaded the FLV file so feel free to use this also under creative commons. I tried to comment wherever I felt people might get confused. My plans are to make a proper loader bar between images and to tidy the code up some what. But I am getting married in less than 3 weeks so this website has slipped a tad in priorities!

The idea of this FLV file was to have an easily accessed and mostly protected set of Jacobs top 33 images. Sadly it really only works for landscape images but two portraits side by side also works! I wanted to create a flash file which meant Jacob wouldn't have to constantly edit some flash file to alter his top 33 images. I got around this by getting the flash file to search the folder "MainPhotos" on his server and grab the pre numbered images from there. So simply changing these images is all he needs to do to change his portfolio images. Making sure they have the same names and it should be simple as!

No comments: