Wednesday 6 May 2009

Mentorship 2009 - Part 2

After a recent meeting it's become apparent that there will be a need for some form of Flash interactivity in the site to allow the video's and similar to integrate nicely with the pages, as the resource is designed around a journey I felt the navigation would have to be key to the project.

Luckily the Webbies have just been finalised so with a category dedicated to 'BEST NAVIGATION/STRUCTURE' I felt it fitting to indulge in some research. Two sites who's navigation really stood out for me were:



I really like the Nike's spider diagram style navigation.



I've tried to reflect this in my sites design, this is early days yet, but I'm quite happy with the results... obviously the menu is a little bit more interactive than just a load of blobs with lines on them!:


We shall see how it ends up, but I'm quite happy with it, hopefully the other people I'm involved with on this project will also be happy!

No comments: